Redd Barna kjemper for barns rettigheter og for at barn skal leve et verdig liv - uansett hvem de er og hvor de bor.
Save the Children Norway (Redd Barna) is a non-governmental child rights organisation working to realise children’s rights in accordance with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, development, protection and participation. Our ambition for 2030 is that all children survive, learn and are protected. We aim to reach the most deprived children. We are a membership organization, and we are politically and religiously independent. SC Norway is a member of Save the Children Association which works in 117 countries.
Child protection is a key thematic area for Save the Children. We work across the globe in development and humanitarian settings to prevent and respond to violence against children. Save the Children aims to improve the capacity of the humanitarian system to provide appropriate protection services to the children who need it most. Save the Children Norway (SCN) supports national and regional capacity, deploy specialized Child Protection in Emergiences (CPiE) staff to Save the Children’s largest responses and support rapid and more effective provision of CPiE services on the frontline.
We are now recruiting a Senior Adviser Child Protection in Emergencies to be part of the Section for child protection, health and nutrition. The role will collaborate closely with national and international colleagues within child protection, child rights, health and nutrition, education and other thematic areas.
The CPiE Adviser will be responsible for supporting Save the Children’s global work on an integrated approach to preventing and responding to violence against children, with emphasis on Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV), and as a technical advisor to directly support categorised humanitarian responses and strengthening capacity of teams and partners.
The post holder will be responsible for strategic thinking and programme design related to CPiE with a focus on SGBV impacting children (including boys, girls, CwD and LGBT+). The position will focus on integrated multi-disciplinary programming in preparedness, prevention and response strategy and design.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Together with the Child Protection, Health and Nutrition Director and wider team drive development of the strategic direction of Child Protection in Emergencies in SCN
- Represent SCN strategy and priorities in global facing workstreams, including in relevant technical working groups and global coordination platforms
- Contribute to rapid, focused and quality humanitarian response, including through providing technical support and guidance to SC colleagues
- Support development of strong and evidence-based programs for SCN, and new and innovative approaches
- Provide strategic and technical advice to SCN’s humanitarian programmes and responses
- Identify, evaluate, and pilot contextually relevant technology in partnership with SCN regional teams
- Ensure we reach the most marginalised children by ensuring adherence to humanitarian principles and strengthening the cross thematic issues in SCN programmes; including gender; children with disabilities; participation and accountability; and partnerships
- Support on proposal development and design
- Participating in evaluating and capturing learning across Child Protection in Emergencies programs globally
- The role is deployable up to 30% of the time to support in humanitarian responses worldwide
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Substantial experience of CPiE/SGBV programming including the prevention of and response to sexual violence in humanitarian contexts across sectors such as health, child protection and mental health and psychosocial support
- Significant field experience from diverse humanitarian contexts
- Academic qualifications at master’s level in a relevant discipline (extensive relevant experience may compensate for lack of academic qualifications)
- Familiarity with the inter-agency GBV and CP landscape in humanitarian settings, including relevant technical resources
- Excellent skills in proposal writing, programme design, monitoring, results documentation and reporting
- Experience with designing and delivering capacity building/mentoring and follow up of thematic staff
- Experience implementing the Caring for Child Survivors Guidelines and Training Package across multiple contexts is an asset
- Experience with promoting gender equality and inclusion of marginalized groups
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Spanish, French and/or Arabic skills are an asset. Understanding Norwegian is an asset
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development
- communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
The position will have independent, challenging and awarding areas of responsibility, be part of a team of highly competent national and international colleagues in a positive and exciting work environment.
The position requires some traveling when the global situation allows.
Save the Children is committed to diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply, disregarding age, disabilities and ethnical background.
The position is based in Save the Children Norway’s office in Oslo. Terms and conditions will be agreed upon during the recruitment process.
Save the Children is committed to keeping children safe. Upon appointment we therefore require a certificate of good conduct from the police.
Application with resume needs to be completed through our online application system.
Søknadsfrist: August 11th 2021
Stillingstittel: Senior Adviser / Seniorrådgiver
Stillingstype: Permanent / Fast stilling
Spørsmål? Questions related to the position can be sent to Director of Child Protection, Health and Nutrition, Ina Bøe, email@example.com. Please be aware that due to holiday, emails will be responded to after August 5th.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.