We are now looking for an experienced fundraiser and campaigner to save the remaining large rainforests and protect the rights of indigenous peoples.
If we are to succeed in solving the climate and nature crisis, the world’s rainforests must be protected. Deforestation and forest degradation must stop, now. Founded in 1989 in response to pop star Sting and Chief Raoni’s urgent call for global attention and solidarity with the plight of the Indigenous peoples and the rainforests, Rainforest Foundation Norway (RFN) is one of the world’s leading organizations in the field of rights-based rainforest protection. RFN works at the forefront of the battle for keeping the global climate within +1.5oC, halting biodiversity loss and protecting the human rights of indigenous peoples and local communities (IPLCs) both globally and in six countries that combined contain some 78% of the remaining intact rainforests on Earth.
The Private Donations and Campaigns Adviser will join a passionate, ambitious and skilled team of 8 persons which is responsible for increase funding, visibility and the profile of RFN towards sporadic (or singular) private donors and the corporate market in Norway.
The Private Donations and Campaigns advisor is responsible for the recruitment of sporadic private donors and their strategic, tactical and operational management, in coordination with content production resources, CRM, digital distribution, donor services and external suppliers. The position reports to the Team Leader Corporate and Private team.
The Donations & Campaigns Adviser plays a key role in
Optimizing, expanding and managing the private donor base through RFN’s sporadic private donors.
- Manages, including budget responsibility and financial reporting, RFN’s sporadic private donors, DM and Web-shop. The setting and achievement of budget targets and KPIs, along with regular planning and reporting in the above areas of responsibility.
- Monitors and secures satisfactory return on investment from both sporadic fundraising activities and campaigns, leads and facilitating conversion for the Rainforest Guardian (RFG) Programme.
- Analyses and monitors the field of private donor fundraising and identifies target groups and competitors, to develop RFN’s strategic approach, goals and priorities on sporadic giving
- Plans and executes RFN’s Always-On, campaign and Direct Mailing activities when related to RFN’s sporadic private donors, including budgeting, media spend,
resource planning and coordination, implementation and follow-up with relevant collaborators across the organization.
- Supports or drive communication activities related to private donors, including advise on narratives, messaging and tone of voice in collaboration with the communication team and the production, planning and execution of Direct Mailings to sporadic donors.
- Relevant higher education within marketing and fundraising desirable.
All formal education can be compensated by relevant experience.
- Multiple years of relevant fundraising experience with Private donors and sporadic giving in Norway. Corresponding international experience is an asset.
- Project- and brand management experience.
- Marketing and campaign skills, with track records of recruiting donors and raising funds through direct marketing, social media, campaigns or alternative funding avenues.
- Advanced knowledge about the Norwegian Private donor landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and laterally and to facilitate teamwork and collaboration. Demonstrated ability in supplier and consultancy management.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to plan work and coordinate effectively within and across teams.
- Established professional relations and networks welcome, together with an ability to influence and gain acceptance
- Fluency in Norwegian is a key requirement as Norwegian consumer market is the current and main target market for RFN’s private donor recruitment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong project management skills. Good understanding and prior experience in finance/budget management. Proficiency in CRM systems.
- Understanding of branding and communications issues.
- Ability to act as a representative for RFN in relevant contexts
- Microsoft Office, CRM systems, Finance systems, Web and newsletter publishing systems
- Agility, taking initiatives, ability to meet deadlines and getting things done in a
- Respectful, easily creates trust in relations with people and credible
- Analytical, conscientious and structured, with strong planning and administrative/management skills.
- Pro-active, initiative taker and innovative thinker with a willingness to learn.
Other abilities and personal traits, incl. likelihood of quickly achieving the levels of knowledge and skills described, may compensate for shortcomings in the competencies described above.
What we can offer you in the role as Private Donations and Campaigns Adviser:
- A permanent, 100% full-time position, at RFN’s head office in central Oslo.
- An exciting, dynamic and highly meaningful job in an international organisation
- Work in a Great Place to Work certified organisation with working environment characterized by diversity, generosity, humour, and highly skilled and motivated colleagues
- Salary according to agreement, good insurance, and pension.
- Flexible working hours and freedom to design own work, including home office agreement
- Onboarding program and ongoing support. Professional and personal development opportunities.
- We want you to succeed and have a culture where we value teamwork, collaboration and utilize each other’s strengths.
- New and modern office space in Mariboesgate 8, from 2024.
- We care about health and well-being. 30 min subsidized training within working hours.
- Social Club arranging social events for all employees during the year.
Information about the hiring process
Apply for the position by uploading a short personal application and CV in English.
If you have questions, please contact:
Team Leader, Individual and Corporate Engagement, Mira Foss, email@example.com or phone (+47) 902 62 812. Or
External Relations and Resource Mobilization Director, Nicolas Delaunay, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+47) 457 39 480.
To apply for this job please visit karriere.regnskogfondet.no.